Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FOG Delay.....Really TODAY????

When I woke up this morning, I glanced out my window and noticed a shelf of fog sitting near the top of the houses in my neighborhood. I thought to myself "maybe we will have a 2-Hour Delay" and then laughed at myself for thinking such a funny thought! I went on my way and did my morning bible study and prayer time. When it came time for me to get up, I took my phone off the charger and noticed text after text after text that all read "2-Hour Delay"! I quickly turned on the TV and sure enough on the local news it showed that our school had a 2-Hour Delay! I would have been excited had it not been the first day of our state wide standardized testing! YIKES! While talking with a parent of one of my students who is also a teacher in another district about our ISTEP testing, she gave me some advice to share with my students.... her advice was this "Solve First Then Click"! Since it was the first day of our state testing and the students were taking the test on the computer, I thought this was a brilliant phrase for the day! I had already planned on handing out some SMARTIES to the students to get them excited about there testing when this "Manterest" idea came to mind! Here is what I did:

Using the most amazing publishing program "Microsoft Publisher" I created little cards for my kiddos that said "Be a SMARTIE! S.F.T.C Solve First Then Click"

Next, I printed the cards off onto Card Stock and cut them out.

Then I added a SMARTIE to each one!

Finished Product! The kids LOVED their little surprises and their little tip to Solve First Then Click!
Now, I have to give credit where credit is due! The person who gave me the phrase, her name is Pam. So, today's new idea wasn't from Pinterest, wasn't completely from Manterest but more from Pamanterest! Thanks Pam for the GREAT phrase! Now, if only I could come up with some cool phrase when I give the class NERDS for day 2 of testing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment